Think about the different people, cultures, experiences, community, interests, and traditions that have shaped who you are.

 1) prompt- My family has had the greatest influence on me because they taught me hard work, and even though I don't have everyone in my family, the one's I do have has shown me that stumbles or hard work doesn't bring you down. You can only bring yourself down. My mom has taught me that you keeping going even when things are going horrible. There's a lot of times I felt as maybe I wasn't right for my family. Or just as I needed to change myself to make them happy. A big part of my culture that brings a lot of my family together is Tassa a traditional Carribean dance. 

2) summary- Today in class we read a article called A Korean Dream. 

3) reflection- I learned that being a certain culture doesn't mean you can't be allowed into another culture. Nor does your skin color define you as a person. Its okay to embrace other cultures while already having one. No one should discriminate you for wanting to know more about any culture. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three goals that I want to achieve this year

If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are?